health leads to happiness.
Gdas Bali health and wellness resort is built by, and for, those who wish to experience the finest of Bali. It is inspired by one of our founders and investors; Russell Simmons’s healthy vegetarian lifestyle and is often called Bali as a Disneyland for yoga and vegan food. He wants to develop a space where a healthy lifestyle is accessible and based on respected Balinese ancient literature; Usadha Bali’s lontar. Usadha is defined as a lontar manuscript that contains the science of medicine and the names of plants for medicine. With the help of his partner, Ida Bagus Oka Genijaya, they both planted a seed for a health and wellness resort in the heart of Kumbuh village, Mas. Providing the seed that will turn into reality for everyone to reconnect with themselves, have a better life, and further understanding of body, mind, and soul.
Gdas stands for govinda das, meaning “a servant of the divine”. Being a servant means being a teacher, sharing what we know and love with the world. We believe that we are all leaders and we must work together to make positive change in the world but it is only when we take care of ourselves first and foremost that we have more to offer to the world around us too. We must heal ourselves before the world around us can heal. We lead with the yogic philosophy of Dharma. Meaning it is the highest duty of every business and every individual to take care of the universe we all live in.
With Usadha Bali’s approach and philosophy, Gdas Bali will be your destiny with a health-based tourism experience to all kinds of communities that are ready to look within and focus on the positive energy this island has to offer.
Providing hospitality services and products for physical, mental, and spiritual health based on Balinese fundamentals with a modern twist. We aimed to be known as among the premier luxury destinations in the world and to be the primary destination of choice of our discerning guests, members, associates, communities, and investors.
Delivering unique, luxury, and authentic services and products based on the finest of Bali while providing the development of the local employees, contributing to the sustainable program as our environmental action, and generating a return of investments for the owner and shareholders.
“service is the key to everything in life.”
— Russell Simmons. Investor of Gdas Bali Resort, entrepreneur, philanthropist and devoted yogi.
corporate social responsibility
Yoga means union of all things. In Gdas we recognize the practice of yoga goes beyond the practice we do on the mat. Yoga is a daily practice in all things we do and symbolizes who we are. We believe in the significance of our relationship with people, our communities, and the society at large in order to create sustainable, long-lasting solutions to the issues the world is facing today. We strongly believe that it’s our responsibility to serve, to be of service, and act as leaders for positive change. We are a union. We are ALL leaders. We are servants of the divine. We are Govinda das.
our social commitment.
We always work to improve and identify our business impacts on employees, contractors in our value chain, customers, and the local community.
- We always reserve 4 complimentary mats in any of our yoga classes to reach those in our local community who otherwise would not be able to attend.
- We help organize food delivery events for those in our local community who are in need.
- We organize an annual event with the youth of Kumbuh called The Kumbuh Festival.
our economic commitment.
To build the economy of Bali post-pandemic, and promote fair trade, fair wages, and equal opportunities.
- Hire locally, fair wages higher than the standard minimum wage in Bali for the hospitality and tourism industry. Our employees are like family to us. Like our t-shirt statements say: “I am yoga – we are union”.
- Working with small, family-owned manufacturing businesses.
- Supporting locally and empowering Balinese women by providing them English courses, financial course,s and equal opportunities.
our environmental commitment.
- Reduce plastic waste: reusable shampoo, conditioner, and soap dispensers. We also provide glass bottles and tote bags in each room.
- Our in-room amenities are maximizing the use of natural products and are made with eco-friendly materials (bamboo, wood, stones, rattan, pandan leaves, and organic herbs aromatherapy).
- We plant rare herbal Balinese plants in the resort and The Bali Eden.
- We also work with Banjar Kumbuh to plant medicinal trees and herbs around the village.